Here is a sampling of the more than 50 topics from which you can choose for your training:
Life Cycle of Your Group
Looking Forward with the “New Normal”
By Jeannie Illian, LTD Consultant
The “New Normal” for social gatherings, including our CCWs, creates not only challenges but opportunities for growth and service. Life within the “New Normal” means staying at home, avoiding gatherings, keeping social distances, and wearing masks and gloves. One opportunity is incorporating the “Stay-at-Home” ladies in our councils. Virtual meetings are becoming popular and are quick and easy to learn and use. Many of you have used some of the current apps to watch Mass.
You can use some of these same apps to plan and conduct your meetings. Popular free virtual meeting apps are:
Facetime Live https://portal.facebook.com/workfrom-home
YouTube Live https://www.youtube.com/howitworks/productfeatures/live
The above links connect to easy-to-follow directions, including videos to help set-up free accounts and run smooth fun meetings.
Two necessities for successful virtual meetings are Security and Etiquette. Security should enable the host to:
• Lock the meeting
• Send invitations with codes
• Control who joins the meeting
• Remove participants
Etiquette requires the host to:
• Download and learn to use the selected app
• Send basic download and use instructions to participants
• Communicate the agenda, rules and goals
The host and participants should:
• Not monopolize the conversation
• Not interrupt - as with Robert’s Rules, the host gives you the floor to speak
• Use the “mute” button - only “unmute” the mic to say something
• Respect others right to speak.
Click the above links! Start planning your successful year now! It is easy and it is free!